Rather than simply looking at the sheer volume of videos uploaded or time spent watching, consider the following statistics from YouTube:
- Over 3 billion videos are viewed a day.
- More than 50 percent of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community.
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you're interested in-whether it's a friend, or the NBA-and keep up on their activity on the site.
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc.) every week.
- An auto-shared tweet results in six new YouTube sessions on average, and we see more than 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link.
- Nearly 17 million people have connected their YouTube account to at least one social service (Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, Buzz, etc.).