Monday, October 06, 2014

LANVIN I L O V E Y O U

LANVIN: I Love You by Alber Elbaz

LANVIN-I-LOVE-YOU-01
LANVIN is surprising us all with a splendid new release coming from their headquarters – the LANVIN: I LOVE YOUbook by Alber Elbaz. The book itself celebrates (the often featured HEREHERE and HERE) Lanvin windows at the famous flagship store of the label at Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris. The windows always comprised with the ideas of Alber Elbaz, reflect the mood of the current collection and the head designer’s inspiration.
One of the pillars of Alber Elbaz’s work is a unique way of presenting his designs in the windows of Lanvin flagship stores, most notably in the boutique on the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. These mises-en-scène, which change every month, are well regarded as elaborate spectacles unique even in the fantastically creative world of fashion. Seducing passersby into his very distinctive brand of street theater and occasionally employing prominent artists of the day, Elbaz’s windows are above all about the clothes, and his designs are given pride of place in a variety of elegant and often playful episodes. Alber Elbaz shares, by his handwritten notes, the stories of the characters and individuals who appeared in the Lanvin world. The book showcases the fashion and spirit of Lanvin with nearly two hundred compositions, from those shown at their boutiques, to one-offs at the Crillon, and as far afield as Art Basel in Miami, as well as unpublished renderings of concepts hand-drawn by Elbaz. LANVIN: I LOVE YOU collects these mesmerizing tableaux into a book that any admirer of Lanvin, and any who have yet to discover, will love to own. – from LANVIN
Published by Rizzoli, the new book will hit the shelves of LANVIN stores on the September 22nd, followed by selected bookstores around the globe. Preview the book below:
LANVIN-I-LOVE-YOU-02LANVIN-I-LOVE-YOU-03LANVIN-I-LOVE-YOU-04LANVIN-I-LOVE-YOU-05LANVIN-I-LOVE-YOU-06LANVIN-I-LOVE-YOU-07

No comments:

Post a Comment

woutkok@yahoo.com
,
wouter.liekens@cherto.be